Recommended CDs & DVDs
- Find these resources in the ELL/Literacy Collection on the 3rd floor.
Culture Clips DVD Series DVD 302.0973
- Experience U.S. culture in a refreshing real-life way through this five-part DVD series. The high-quality production features 26 documentary segments on such diverse topics as immigrating to the U.S., worker protection, interviewing for jobs, and intercultural marriage.
Easy English CD 428 EASY
- This course teaches basic English for speakers of all languages. Key features include: 400 Illustrations, 288-page supplemental book, 3 CDs.
Pimsleur Series for Speakers of Other Languages CD ESL 428
- On the surface, the Pimsleur Method is a way to begin speaking and understanding a foreign language effortlessly. In fact, it is a dynamic combination of techniques that will pull you inside a language allowing you to engage in complex conversations with confidence and fluency.
Pronounce it Perfectly in English CD ESL 428.1 Y27P
- When mastering English, nothing is more important than learning to pronounce the words and phrases so that you're understood. This CD-and-book program emphasizes speaking, sound discrimination, and standard intonation patterns in American-style English. ESL students, TOEFL and TOEIC test takers, and all others for whom English is a second language and who want to improve their pronunciation will find this book and compact disc combination especially valuable.
ABC Pronunciary DVD 428.3 ABC
- Teaches pronunciation of the alphabet in a logical, straightforward manner. Vowels, consonants, digraphs, blends and silent letters are presented clearly. There are 51 sounds detailed, each containing a full description of the mouth, color photos, bright illustrations and word examples. For beginning to intermediate students.
In English DVD 428.34 LEARN
- Learning with In English, a 20 DVD series, is productive and enjoyable. It helps you learn to listen, speak, read, and write in American English.
Master Spoken English – Feeling Phonics DVD 428.4 MASTER
- Meeting the need of advanced communication skills courses, and providing beginning readers with the models to master the language, this program is uniquely structured to be both multi-level and multi-purpose.
American Scenes: Self-Study Guide DVD 408.9 AMERICAN
- Seven thematic programs including travel, housing, university life, emergency situations, everyday activities, and social settings. While language is natural, episodes nevertheless reinforce a wide variety of grammatical structures. Since there is great emphasis put on spoken American English, there are more than 250 common idioms and expressions in the series.
English for the Real World CD 428 English
- This program features a 224-page coursebook and three CDs to help you improve your English. The 20 lessons address survival language functions, from communicating in an airport terminal and asking for directions to apartment hunting, job interviews, the post office, the doctor’s office, shopping, talking on the phone, and even jury duty! The content assumes that learners can speak and understand English well enough to get by but would like to improve their grammar, expand their vocabulary, and refine their pronunciation and listening comprehension. Includes answers.
Accent Reduction Made Easy DVD 428.1 ACCENT, CD ESL 428.1 W45A
- For anyone desiring to speak English with Standard American enunciation. This popular program includes a comprehensive illustrated Listening Guide for reference. Author Jane Wellborn has helped thousands improve their speech - and subsequently, their social and professional lives.
The English Grammar Series DVD 428.2 ENGLISH
- Makes the tricky rules of English grammar easier to learn than ever before! Using easy-to-follow examples and practice exercises from everyday life, this series can help the student master even the most complicated English grammar topics.
Accent Correction Program DVD 428.34 ACCENT
- Programs are designed to improve the pronunciation of English vowels, consonants, consonant clusters, syllables, and words for speakers of specific languages. Ideal for all levels of ESL learners. Programs for Vietnamese, Russian, Portuguese, Spanish, Thai, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, and Korean speakers.
Saddlebacks Illustrated Classics CD ESL – FIC, CD ESL 822.3
- This Graphic Novel Series features classic tales retold with attractive color illustrations. Educators using the Dale-Chall vocabulary system adapted each title. Word for word audios feature professional actors and sound effects, not just monotonous monologue.