Gifts from the Friends to the Newton Free Library
July 1, 2015 – June 30, 2016
|Children’s Room Programs||$ 9,000|
|Book Cart Sales Reimbursement||$ 21,842|
|Teen Activities Programs||$ 4,000|
|Other Board Approved Gifts||$ 1,228|
|General Gift||$ 20,000|
|Book Sales||$ 18,886|
|Metrowest Friends Donation||$ 75|
|Volunteer Appreciation||$ 117|
|Newsletter mailing||$ 3,146|
Friends Activities in FY2016
The Friends book sales during 2015-16 brought in $18,886. 23 volunteers staff the sales which are held on weekends three times during the year. These volunteers contributed approximately 250 hours. In addition, 12 volunteers work every week during the year, accepting donations at the Auburndale location, sorting the materials and pricing them for the sales. These volunteers contributed over 1000 hours during the past year.
- The Friends and the Trustees will honor the many library volunteers with a personalized letter and gift.
- The Friends organized and hosted the 32nd annual Book and Author Luncheon which featured Ellen Fitzpatrick (The Highest Glass Ceiling) and Hank Phillippi Ryan (What You See). Approximately 170 guests attended the event and the authors’ books were sold.
- The Friends lobby book carts, maintained by a volunteer staff, brought in $21,812 as of June 30, 2016.
- Volunteers staff the Friends lobby gift cart. Pooh note cards and other gifts brought in $613.
- The Friends bags were sold at circulation desks for $2.50 each and brought in $612.
- Members contributed $26,389 in dues, gifts, and matching gifts as of June 30, 2016.
- The Friends mailed the monthly Library newsletter to our membership.