Gifts from the Friends to the Newton Free Library
July 1, 2014 – June 30, 2015
|Children’s Room Programs||$ 7,500|
|Book Cart Sales Reimbursement||$ 22,781|
|Teen Activities Programs||$ 3,000|
| Other Board Approved Gifts||$ 1,400|
|General Gift||$ 25,000|
|Book Sales||$ 24,586|
|Volunteer Appreciation||$ 120|
|Newsletter mailing||$ 2,866|
Friends Activities in FY2015
- The Friends four quarterly book sales brought in $24,586. Thirty-one volunteers staff the quarterly sales, which are held on weekends in September, December, March, and June. They contributed over 300 hours. In addition, 13 volunteers work every week during the year, accepting donations at the Auburndale Community Library, sorting the materials and pricing them for the sales. These volunteers contributed over 1024 hours during the past year.
- The Friends and the Trustees will honor the many library volunteers with a personalized
letter and gift.
- The Friends organized and hosted the 31st annual Book and Author Luncheon which
featured Vicki Croke (
) and Tess Gerritsen ( ). One hundred sixty-five guests attended the event and the authors' books were sold.
- The Friends lobby book carts, maintained by a volunteer staff, brought in $22,576 as of June, 30, 2015.
- Volunteers staff the Friends lobby gift cart. Pooh note cards and other gifts brought in $377.
- The Friends bags were sold at circulation desks for $2.50 each and brought in $634.
- Members contributed $26,299 in dues, gifts, and matching gifts as of June 30, 2015
- The Friends mailed the monthly Library newsletter to our membership.