The Friends are an independent 501(c)3 non-profit organization we promote and support the Newton Free Library’s programs, functions, resources, and services. Further, we initiate activities to enhance awareness of literary, artistic, and cultural programs between the library and the community.
- The Friends meet monthly on the 2nd Wednesday each month except July and August.
- Organize and host Book and Author Luncheon
- Sort and price donations for Book Sales
- Staff quarterly Book Sales
- Maintain inventory for Lobby Book Carts
- Operate the Lobby Gift Cart
- Sell Pooh Cards and Friends Book Bags
- Manage Friends Membership effort
- Collate and mail Newsletters to the Friends membership
- Maintain Friends and Book and Author Database
- Maintain relationship with Trustees and Library Director
- Provide Advocacy based on requests from various library organizations
- Hold an annual meeting and present annual gift to the Library